Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Dancing Pirates

It's a play I made up for Mariel and Cornflower and I to perform for our parents' anniversary.

Here it is.

Act I, scene one. On a dock. Treedance and Moondance, two girl pirates, stroll about.

T: How does Captain Sundance know when we'll be back?
M: He said to be back at 4.
T: Who's that?
(Enter Fortune Teller)
FT: Hello.
M: Hi there.
T: Howdy.
FT: DON'T GO TO SEEEEEEEEE!
(She vanishes. A pause.)
M: Weird.

Act I, scene two. Captain Sundance, a boy pirate, walks up and down the deck. Moondance and Treedance get ready for bed.

S: Wait! We must dance to the stars!
(All jig up and down the deck of the ship and sing "We are the Pirates who don't do Anything".)
M: Goodnight!
(All sleep - Sundance dangerously near the edge of the ship. Moondance gets up and sings and dances.)
Oh, I wish they would wake up
Oh, I wish they would wake u-up
I'm about to fall asleep (drops and snores)
There's a dolphin in the sea -
No, that's a whale in the sea!
T: Save me! A shark!
(She faints and bumps Sundance overboard.)
S: Blub!
M: It's a whale.

Act II, scene one. Ekoce, a boy evil pirate, sails towards the pirate ship.

T: A sail! A sail!
E: Oh, I am called Ekoce
It's "coke" spelled backwards with an extra "e"
S: It's the scary pirate dude, Ekoce!
(Ekoce pushes Sundance overboard and swordfights with Treedance. Sundance swims around behind Ekoce and tickles his knees. Ekoce falls over and they pin him down.)
E: Stop! I'll do anything you want!
T&S: Dance with us!
(All dance and sing "We are the Pirates who do a lot of stuff". Curtain)

Cast:
Treedance - Me
Moondance - Cornflower
Fortune Teller - Mariel
Captain Sundance - Mariel
Ekoce - Cornflower

Director and Playwright - Me

************************
Mom and Dad greatly enjoyed the play and Dad said that as we had watched Moby Dick a few days previous...oh, read it yourself. My mom wrote about it on her blog.

No comments: