Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And Whatsoever Ye Do

“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the LORD.” – Colossians 3:23
God showed me this verse in a very striking way this morning. I was thinking back over a recent production of "Hi Ho, Robin Hood", and how busy we had been with it: the weeks of rehearsals; being at the theater every day, almost all day, for almost a week; everything we did, put aside, bought, found, donated and sacrificed for the show. I loved it. I loved every hectic minute, everything that we had to do or not do for the performance. I loved it because it was for theatre, and theatre is my passion.

This morning, this verse floated into my head, and I realized something: If, because theatre is my passion, I willingly give my time for lines and blocking and songs – even for shows I’m not in and may never be in, like Wicked and Cats – then how wonderful might my life be if God was my passion: if whatever I did was done with the wholeheartedness I give rehearsal and performance… if I did everything heartily, as to the Lord, for the simple reason that I am passionate about Him?

To change my outlook like this is going to take time and work… but if I’m willing to give that to performance, I should be willing to give it to the Lord.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great thought... give it to the Lord. You can never outgive Him.